The International School of Estonia offers education for children aged 3 to 19. Its curriculum is based on the programs of the International Baccalaureate Organization and taught in the English language.
Our Mission – who we are and what we do
- provide a high quality, internationally recognized education
- develop inquirers, communicators and risk-takers in a caring environment
- foster compassion and reflection
- encourage students to effect positive change in the face of 21st century challenges
Our Core Values – the qualities that must be in place and actively followed in order for ISE to accomplish its Mission
In all that we do, we value –
- care and compassion – We believe that we have an obligation to listen thoughtfully to others, to consider their points of view and to treat them with kindness and empathy.
- the pursuit of high quality – We set high but realistic standards for everything at ISE. We regularly assess how we are progressing towards those standards and constantly seek to improve. We encourage asking, “How can we do that better the next time?”
- inquiry-based learning – “Why?” is our favorite question. We see ourselves as life-long learners, and developing a joy of learning is essential to what we do.
- taking action – We are committed to making a difference. Therefore we work hard to connect learning to service. We look beyond ourselves and seek to make genuine, positive changes in the world around us.
Our Vision – the broad, long-term view for the school that helps us “see” where we want to go and that motivates us to make that vision become reality
Our Vision – ISE will be well recognized as a model, international school.
- Higher-level, inquiry-based learning – Observing ISE classes, it is apparent that our students are actively engaged in seeking out new information and ideas. ISE students will consistently be seen analyzing what they know to form new connections and expressing creative ideas based on higher levels of reasoning. The community takes great pride in this.
- Care for the individual – As you enter ISE, you have an immediate sense that you are important to the community. It is a place where the individual is genuinely listened to and concerns are actively addressed. Visitors and community members frequently comment about how they feel safe, respected and cared for while at school. Problems get solved here.
- A positive learning environment – The ISE facility invites you to come in and engage in the process of inquiry. It surrounds you with a myriad of signs of the learning that goes on here. The hallways, classrooms, common areas – everything – is designed to allow easy access to the best ideas and to encourage the ongoing exchange of those ideas. The school is a wonderful balance of comfort and stimulation to think.
- Achievements and contributions of the community – We actively use what we learn to make real differences in our local and global community. We actively seek to share what we learn with others. People look to us for ideas.