Student Council officers for the 2012-2013 school year are:
- Berengere – President
- Jamie – Vice-President
- Sydney – Secretary
- Danielius – Treasurer
The student council at the International School of Estonia was first established in 2000. As with most student councils it is a way for students to learn about government, promote school spirit, have their voices heard and make change. Each grade has at least one representative voice on the student council and the student council also has representative voice on various school committees such as the Cafeteria Committee and the PTA.
The student council meets weekly and discusses issues of concern from the student body, as well as organized various activities to promote student involvement. The student council acts as a liaison for the students with the administration. The upper school student council works in partnership with the lower school student council to organize school wide events.
The student council has organized activities to help support humanitarian efforts in many areas for example Habitat for Humanities and helping the earthquake victims of Haiti. The student council has also contributed funds to assist the PTA in the purchase of items for the school.
Some of the activities that have been organized include:
- Establishing a mini store to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity
- Theme weeks
- Bake sales
- Jump rope for Haiti
- Various sports tournaments (ping-pong, basketball, volleyball etc.)
- Selling lollipops for Valentine’s Day
- Organizing a decoration of the building
- Planning fun activities for various schools participating in the Friendly Olympics
- Providing Baby sitting services during school events, parent conferences, etc.